How To Change People Without Them Noticing It
Trying to get your way is always going to be a challenge at times. How to Win Friends & Influence People by: Dale Carnegie was one of the books that I was required to read while I was studying Marketing Management at Syracuse University. I revisited some of the lessons learned and I wanted to share with you tips on being a good leader.
In a nutshell:
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation
- Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders
- Let the other person save face.
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be "hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise".
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
- Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
- Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.