A CREDO FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN
Sometime last week I came across a heart felt video on the timeline of one of the many facebook pages that I follow. The less than 2 min video was from Danielle LaPorte, author, inspirational speaker, and former executive. Her video "A Credo For Making It Happen" should be every entrepreneurs daily om. Like, I need to save it on my phone so I can watch it every morning while I ride the subway. Her message is THAT GOOD. It was even a snapshot of the kind of speaker/life coach that I envision myself to be later on. Recent events in my community are pushing me even more to achieve my goals, and this video came at a great time. Danielle LaPorte says "For best results, watch this every morning, before big meetings, when you’re about to make the big leap, when in doubt, when your faith needs to be fueled, when you just need someone to say, “You got this.”. It charged my passion to continue to make my dream "happen". Watch the clip below to see what I mean.
Danielle is the author of "The Fire Starter Sessions" which I'm picking up as my next read. Some of her success concepts are:
- Life balance is a myth, and the pursuit of it is causing us more stress than the craving for balance itself.
- Being well-rounded is highly over-rated. When you focus on developing your true strengths you enter your mastery zone.
- Screw your principles, well, some of them. (They might be holding you back.)
- We have ambition backwards. Getting clear on how you want to feel in your life + work is more important than setting goals. It’s the most potent form of clarity that you can have, and it’s what leads to true fulfillment.
- Competency is for suckers. Your most valuable currency is what comes naturally to you. When you focus on developing your true strengths, you enter your mastery zone.
- You’re an artist, and that’s that. When we’re giving our best, we’re being artistic. When you’re bringing your whole self to the party, you’re making poetry happen — and you do it all the time, naturally.
- Be the giver. Force it if you have to. Make generosity part of your growth strategy and you will cross that sacred divide where love is no longer a concept but is your soul made manifest. You. Giving. Love. Gorgeous.
I can't wait to pick up "The Fire Starter Sessions" to keep lighting my flame.