10 Sleeping Tips From Dream Serene
It's just a few days into 2013 and a lot of people are talking about their new years resolutions. Truth is that most of those goals won't be achieved without one overlooked ingredient for healthy living: good sleep. Getting a good night’s sleep is essential for your overall health. Fearlessleon.com would like for you all to learn to avoid the common sleep enemies and adopt good sleeping habits to ensure you are getting a deeply serene sleep to promote a rejuvenating day ahead.
We reached out to our friends at Dream Serene to give us these sleep rituals for a good night sleep, night after night. Here's part 1:
- Make sure your room is dark and at a comfortable temperature.
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress that inhibits tossing and turning during the night.
- Keep your room free of thick carpeting, plush toys and heavy draperies; these areas are breeding grounds for dust mites and other allergens which can increase instances of night coughs, nasal congestion and snoring.
- Protect your mattress and your health with a waterproof and breathable mattress protector.
- Use pillows that support your head and neck in order to maintain a healthy sleep position, your spine should be parallel to the mattress and ground.
- Make sure you’re getting approximately 8 hours of sleep per night.
- Keep the time or alarm clock out of sight.
- Develop a routine that works and stick to it. Go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and tobacco in the evening.
- Keep regular rituals and routines before bedtime.
Based in Markham, Ontario, DreamSerene™ produces a range of innovative mattress and sleep protection products. Designed using cutting-edge technologies, DreamSerene is dedicated to enhancing the lifestyles and sleep quality of today’s savvy consumers through its extensive line of products that refresh, transform and safeguard personal environments and invaluable good health. For more information, visit www.dreamserene.com.