13 Motivational Quotes To Jumpstart Your New Year Goals
There’s nothing like a fresh start, which is why New Year’s resolutions are so fabulous—if you can keep them. According to Statistic Brain, only 8 percent of Americans who make resolutions actually achieve them, though. Read on for 13 motivating quotes that will help you keep your resolutions and be part of that small minority.
1) “Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature’s laws wrong, it learned how to walk without having feet.” - Tupac
2) Entrepreneurship (or following your creative dream, whatever it might be) is living a few years of your life like most people won’t, so you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.
3) You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.
4) “Two things are needed to achieve great things: a plan, and not quite enough time.” – Leonard Bernstein
5) Kintsukuroi: “to repair with gold;” the art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer and understanding that the piece is more beautiful for having been broken.
6) Start where are you. Use what you have. Do what you can. - Unknown
7) “There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.” – Kenneth Blanchard
8) “Listen to the mustnt’s, child. Listen to the don’ts. Listen to the shouldn’ts, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me: Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” –Shel Silverstein
9) Giving up on a goal because of a setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got a flat.
10) “Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.” – J. J. Watt
11) If we were meant to stay in one place, we would have roots instead of feet.
12) “It’s your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” – Rumi
13) “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I built my life.” – J. K. Rowling