10 Healthy Habits To Kick Start Your Summer Detox
Summer is finally here! Thank the LAWD! Can anyone else agree with me to say a detox is much needed? This time of year is perfect for new beginnings, removing toxic people and habits, and getting our lives together. March and April were solid months of self evaluation and acknowledgment. With summer right around the corner, we should continue to work on our ever-evolving awareness. I like to transition into the change of seasons rejuvenated by giving my entire body, mind, and spirit a complete cleanse. I'm hip to many detox teas and weight loss supplements, but my inner au-natural prefers to achieve the same results the natural way. For all of my health conscious babes that are looking to cleanse without the crazy commitment I've gathered a bunch of easy and affordable recipes for your cleanse.
1. Lemon water - literally a lemon slice inside a cup of hot water. Start your morning off with a cup of lemon water to get your enzymes moving and hunger cravings crushed. If you're not already hip to the many benefits of lemons including improved digestion and smoother skin here's a link to more tips on our Pinterest account:45 Benefits of Lemons
2. Green tea - If your taste buds can't do just plain water with lemon, green tea is a great alternative to a morning detox drink. Green tea increases the metabolism, it is packed with antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties which help with acne, and is also linked to preventing tooth decay. Sweeten with organic sugar for taste.
3. Activated charcoal - This tasteless and odorless natural supplement is great for removing toxins and poisons before they can harm the body. Add a little to your breakfast a few times a week. Too much can cause constipation so make sure you're not adding too much so you don't get your boo boo backed up.
4. Apple cider vinegar - A shot of apple cider vinegar isn't the most tasteful, but a shot of this in the morning can help with balancing the body's pH level, bad breath, removing teeth surface stains, and detoxifying the liver.
5. Fruit infused water - My personal detox favorite because it's super refreshing and easy to make. Cut up some strawberries, add some blueberries, a couple mint leaves and a lemon slice to spring or fluoride free water. Let it sit for 24 hours & you're good to go! #DisDatShit
6. Triple A - Avocados, asparagus, and almonds. Avocados, asparagus, and almonds are packed with antioxidants and aid in liver digestion. Your liver is the organ that is responsible for filtering out those toxic chemicals so when it comes to detoxing, anything that keeps the liver running smoothly should be a key part of your diet. Eating almonds through out the day also help fight those intense hunger cravings and are packed with vitamin E which contributes to boosting your immune system.
Here's a few of my favorite smoothie recipes. I didn't add specific measurements because I usually just freestyle it and go by my own preferences. Smoothies are my summertime bae and these all contain ingredients such as probiotic yogurt, berries, flax seeds, and cayenne pepper that are all detox super foods that attribute to healthy skin and a balanced pH level.
7. Breakfast smoothie - Probiotic yogurt, blueberries, kale, bananas, strawberries, & almond milk.
8. Lunch smoothie - Kale, cucumbers, celery, ginger, lemon, grapefruit, flax seeds, & cayenne pepper.
9. Dinner smoothie - Mango, pineapple, kale, green apple, flax seeds, raspberries, & coconut milk.
10. Snack smoothie - Bananas, organic lemonade, strawberries, & coconut oil.
Try one, or try them all. Give yourself credit for even attempting a detox! My best suggestion is to mark on your calendar a 3 day commitment (Monday - Wednesday because it avoids weekend temptations) and do your best to stick to your detox! If you find it hard to stay away from snacks, I suggest meal prepping for the 3 days but only include fresh fruits, nuts, and veggies. Your body will thank you later.